Jump to Main Content
- Zhan, Huilu, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- The Journal of nutritional biochemistry 2019 v.67 pp. 72-77
- IKappaB kinase; arterioles; blood circulation; calcium; endothelial nitric oxide synthase; gene expression regulation; grape seeds; hypertension; in vitro studies; inflammation; interleukin-1beta; interleukin-6; lungs; monocrotaline; nitric oxide; proanthocyanidins; pulmonary artery; rats; smooth muscle; transcription factor NF-kappa B; tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... Inflammation in pulmonary arterioles initiates and maintains pathological processes in pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), and inhibition of it attenuates PAH development. Grape seed proanthocyanidin (GSP) is believed to be effective in protecting vascular system via inhibiting inflammation, while its effect on pulmonary circulation remains inconclusive. In this study, we made observations in m ...
- Zhan, Huilu, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Chemosphere 2019 v.233 pp. 261-272
- Leydig cells; aflatoxin B1; animal models; apoptosis; autophagy; blood serum; endocrine-disrupting chemicals; follicle-stimulating hormone; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; hepatotoxicity; in vitro studies; luteinizing hormone; proteins; testosterone
- ... Aflatoxin B1 (AFB1), a potential endocrine disrupter, has been shown to induce hepatotoxicity in animal models, but the effects of AFB1 on Leydig cell function are unclear. In this study, in vivo exposure to AFB1 at 15 and 150 μg/kg/day lowered serum testosterone (T), luteinizing hormone (LH), and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) levels, reduced Leydig cell number, and down-regulated the express ...