Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Binle, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Food hydrocolloids 2019 v.90 pp. 377-384
- Weissella confusa; cryoprotectants; crystallization; crystals; dextran; exopolysaccharides; freeze-thaw cycles; frozen dough; hydrocolloids; ice; industry; loss modulus; magnetism; microstructure; molecular weight; rheology; scanning electron microscopes; storage modulus; water content; water distribution; wheat gluten
- ... The effect of exopolysaccharide (EPS) produced by Weissella confusa QS813 on the hydration, water distribution, rheology and microstructure of wheat gluten during freeze–thaw cycles (FTC) was investigated. Addition of EPS increased the water content of fresh gluten and delayed the dehydration of gluten during FTC. Low field-nuclear magnetic resonance showed that the presence of EPS reduced the mob ...
- Zhang, Binle, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2018 v.96 pp. 519-525
- Weissella confusa; acidification; exopolysaccharides; glutenins; microstructure; sourdough; sucrose; titratable acidity
- ... This study investigated the impact of in situ exopolysaccharides (EPS) on the properties of dough and quality of Chinese steamed bread (CSB). Sourdoughs were fermented with dextran-producing Weissella confusa QS813, with and without sucrose addition at 20 °C and 35 °C, respectively. The highest EPS content and lowest titratable acidity value were obtained in sucrose-enriched sourdough fermented at ...