Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Hong-Gang, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of organic chemistry 2013 v.78 no.22 pp. 11577-11583
- chemical reactions; chemical structure; organic chemistry; organic compounds; regioselectivity
- ... A series of novel dispirooxindole derivatives, 3-acetyl-5-phenyl-pyrrolo(spiro-[2.3′]-1′-benzyl-oxindole)-spiro-[4.3″]-1″-benzyl-oxindoles, were synthesized via 1,3-dipolar cycloaddition of the azomethine ylide with 3-acetonylideneoxindole in high regioselectivities and yields. An unusual regioselectivity was observed in this 1,3-dipolar cycloaddition, leading to the construction of novel dispiroo ...
- Zhang, Hong‐Gang, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Insect science 2015 v.22 no.4 pp. 578-586
- Ostrinia furnacalis; cold tolerance; cooling; corn; diapause; geographical variation; larvae; multivoltine habit; overwintering; pests; population; provenance; supercooling point; survival rate; temperate zones; temperature; univoltine habit; winter; China
- ... Asian corn borer, Ostrinia furnacalis (Guenée), is a key corn pest in the Asian‐Western Pacific countries. It overwinters as full‐grown larvae in plant stalks or in a spun‐silk covering located in the plant debris in the temperate regions of China. Supercooling point (SCP) and survival rate after low sub‐zero temperature treatment were assessed for field‐collected populations in the laboratory usi ...
- Zhang, Hong-Gang, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2007 v.104 no.27 pp. 11192-11196
- Zea mays; corn; Vicia faba; faba beans; intercropping; crop yield; grain yield; nutrient uptake; soil nutrients; soil fertility; agricultural soils; phosphorus; nitrogen; phosphorus fertilizers; fertilizer application; rhizosphere; acidification; nutrient availability; China
- ... Intercropping, which grows at least two crop species on the same pieces of land at the same time, can increase grain yields greatly. Legume-grass intercrops are known to overyield because of legume nitrogen fixation. However, many agricultural soils are deficient in phosphorus. Here we show that a new mechanism of overyielding, in which phosphorus mobilized by one crop species increases the growth ...
- PubMed Central: