Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Hua-Jian, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Developmental and comparative immunology 2019 v.100 pp. 103416
- Coleoptera; Escherichia coli; Staphylococcus aureus; amino acids; binding sites; carbohydrate binding; cell-mediated immunity; encapsulation; enzyme activity; gene expression regulation; hemolymph; humoral immunity; immune system; insects; lectins; messenger RNA; monophenol monooxygenase; pests; phagocytosis; prophenoloxidase; pupae; receptors; serine proteinases
- ... As an invasive pest, the complete and effective innate immune system is crucial for the nipa palm hispid beetle Octodonta nipae (Maulik) to adjust to new environments. C-type lectins (CTLs) are large families of carbohydrate-binding proteins that possess one or more characteristic carbohydrate-recognition domains (CRD) and function as pattern-recognition receptors, which play important roles in me ...
- Zhang, Hua-Jian, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Journal of proteomics 2019 v.192 pp. 37-53
- Coleoptera; Tetrastichus; biosynthesis; coumarate-CoA ligase; encapsulation; endoparasitoids; fatty acids; host preferences; lifestyle; monitoring; proteins; proteome; proteomics; pupae; transcriptomics; venoms
- ... The venom apparatus is a conserved organ in parasitoids that shows adaptations correlated with life-style diversification. Combining transcriptomics and label-free quantitative proteomics, here we explored the venom apparatus components of the endoparasitoid Tetrastichus brontispae (Eulophidae), and provide a comparison of the venom apparatus proteomes between its two closely related strains, T. b ...