Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Songshan, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Meat science 2016 v.112 pp. 3-8
- adverse effects; bulls; cold; color; cooking quality; electrical treatment; hot boning; longissimus muscle; meat; meat aging; meat tenderness; pH; temperature; water holding capacity; yaks
- ... The objective of this study was to evaluate the effects of electrical stimulation (ES) versus non-electrical stimulation (NES) and type of boning (hot versus cold) on the eating quality of Gannan yak longissimus lumborum. Eighteen Gannan yak bulls were randomly divided into two groups: ES and NES. Hot boning (HB) and cold boning (CB) were applied to the left and right side of the carcasses, respec ...
- Zhang, Songshan, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food chemistry 2015 v.174 pp. 299-305
- additives; aluminum; cis-trans isomers; conjugated linoleic acid; cysteine; frying; frying oil; glass; glutathione; heat; heat treatment; ions; iron; nitrogen; temperature; triacylglycerols
- ... Trilinolein, with or without additives, was placed in glass ampoules and subjected to thermal treatment at 180°C or 240°C for 8h. Thermal treatment of trilinolein at 180°C and 240°C produced twice the amount of trans nonconjugated linoleic acids (NLAs) compared to conjugated linoleic acids (CLAs), and nitrogen stream reduced the amount of both trans NLA and CLA products. The presence of additives ...