Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Wei-an, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2016 v.84 pp. 254-260
- Gleditsia sinensis; ambient temperature; functional properties; galactomannans; light scattering; molecular weight; nitrogen; rheometers; scanning electron microscopy; viscosity
- ... The apparent viscosity, molecular weight, and molecular weight distribution are important physical properties that determine the functional properties of galactomannan gum. Gleditsia sinensis gum (GSG) in semi-solid state was pressure cell treated over a range of temperature (30–110°C) under nitrogen maintained at a pressure of 1.0–4.0MPa. Physicochemical properties of GSG samples both before and ...
- Zhang, Wei-An, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food hydrocolloids 2014 v.40 pp. 115-121
- chemical structure; ethanol; fenugreek; galactomannans; galactose; guar gum; hydrocolloids; isopropyl alcohol; locust bean gum; molecular weight; solvents
- ... Three galactomannans of guar gum (GG), locust bean gum (LBG) and fenugreek gum (FG) were fractionally precipitated from pure solutions by the addition of either ethanol or isopropanol. The galactomannan precipitates were formed when the bulk solutions containing >18.6% (v/v) ethanol or 13.5% (v/v) isopropanol. The galactomannan recovery of GG, LBG and FG in 33.3% ethanol solvent was 93.1, 86.1 and ...