Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Zhengjie, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Procedia Environmental Sciences 2013 v.18 pp. 26-36
- adsorption; arsenates; arsenic; arsenites; bioavailability; desorption; endothermy; ferric hydroxide; hysteresis; models; phosphates; soil; soil minerals; sorption isotherms; temperature; thermodynamics; toxicity; China
- ... Adsorption and desorption of arsenic on different soils may affect the mobility, toxicity and bioavailability of arsenic in soil meia. In this study, laboratory batch experiments were carried out to study the adsorption and desorption of arsenic in three soils in China with different physicochemical properties. The results show that the adsorption was relatively fast for Beijing soil and Hainan so ...
- Zhang, Zhengjie, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of materials chemistry A 2014 v.2 no.33 pp. 13283-13292
- autoclaves; butanol; chemistry; ferric oxide; iron; nanocomposites; nanoparticles; nanorods; temperature; urea; zinc oxide; zinc sulfate
- ... This paper reports a newly developed solvothermal strategy for the synthesis of ZnO-decorated α-Fe₂O₃ nanorods based on the reaction of α-Fe₂O₃ nanorods with zinc sulfate and urea in autoclaves at 180 °C. The resulting nanocomposites consist of porous α-Fe₂O₃ nanorods with diameters of 100–200 nm and a surface decorated with small ZnO nanoparticles (10–20 nm). The ZnO NPs are found to grow epitaxi ...