Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Huaxian, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- The journal of microbiology 2019 v.57 no.7 pp. 575-586
- Bacteroidetes; Dehalococcoides; Firmicutes; Methanosarcinaceae; Vibrio; beta-N-acetylhexosaminidase; carbohydrate metabolism; carbohydrates; catechol oxidase; databases; energy conversion; estuaries; genes; hexosyltransferases; mangrove ecosystems; mangrove sediments; metagenomics; microbial communities; microorganisms; principal component analysis; total organic carbon; wetlands; South China Sea
- ... Mangrove sediment microorganisms play a vital role in the energy transformation and element cycling in marine wetland ecosystems. Using metagenomics analysis strategy, we compared the taxonomic structure and gene profile of the mangrove and non-mangrove sediment samples at the subtropical estuary in Beibu Gulf, South China Sea. Proteobacteria, Bacteroidetes, and Firmicutes were the most abundant b ...
- Zhao, Huaxian, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- World journal of microbiology & biotechnology 2014 v.30 no.12 pp. 3027-3035
- Sinorhizobium fredii; deformation; genes; homologous recombination; metabolism; mutants; mutation; nitrogenase; nodulation; phenotype; plasmids; root hairs; sequence analysis; soybeans; sulfur; symbiosis
- ... Sulfur is an essential element for rhizobia, such as sulfated modified Nod factors and nitrogenase. To investigate the role of sulfur metabolism in Rhizobium-Soybean symbiosis, a transponson random insertional mutants’ library was constructed and a sulfur assimilation-related gene was isolated and characterized. A mutant strain unable to utilized sulfate was screened from 11,000 random insertional ...