Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Xiaochao, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Parasitology international 2019 v.73 pp. 101959
- DNA; Haemonchus contortus; adults; farming systems; farms; financial economics; gene flow; gene frequency; genetic analysis; genetic markers; genetic variation; genotyping; heterozygosity; industry; loci; microsatellite repeats; mutton; parasites; population structure; small ruminants; Australia; China; United Kingdom
- ... The parasitic nematode Haemonchus contortus is economically an important parasite of small ruminants across the globe. China is the world's largest producer, consumer, and importer of mutton. With ubiquitous distribution across the country H. contortus is one of the potential candidates to cause huge economic losses to small ruminant farming industry in China. We herein investigated genetic divers ...
- Zhao, Xiaochao, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Parasites & vectors 2017 v.10 no.1 pp. 570
- CD4-positive T-lymphocytes; Schistosoma japonicum; calreticulin; cercariae; dendritic cells; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; flow cytometry; immune response; immunization; immunostimulants; interferon-gamma; interleukin-4; lymphocyte proliferation; mice; phenotype; protective effect; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; schistosomula; splenocytes; tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... BACKGROUND: It is well known that immunization of radiation-attenuated (RA) schistosoma cercariae or schistosomula can induce high levels of protective immunity against schistosoma cercariae reinfection in many animals. Many studies have shown that the Th1 cellular immune response is crucial for the protective effect elicited by RA schistosomula. However, the molecular mechanism of this strong pro ...
- PubMed Central: