Jump to Main Content
- Zhou, Chen Li, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Mycoscience 2016 v.57 no.5 pp. 356-360
- Agrobacterium radiobacter; Pleurotus eryngii; breeding; genes; mushrooms; mycelium
- ... Although Pleurotus eryngii is a highly-valued mushroom, the tools for undertaking molecular biological research are lacking. We have now developed an improved, more efficient ATMT (Agrobacterium tumefaciens-mediated transformation) system for generating P. eryngii transformants. Successful generation of transformants required that nutrient-limited fungal mycelium be used as the receptor material. ...
- Zhou, Chen-Li, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Journal of biotechnology 2016 v.239 pp. 65-67
- Pleurotus eryngii; biofuels; biotransformation; byproducts; cellulose; decayed wood; genome; lignin; lignocellulose; oxidoreductases; value-added products; white-rot fungi
- ... Pleurotus eryngii (DC.) Quél. is widely used for bioconverting lignocellulosic byproducts into biofuel and value added products. Sequencing and annotating the genome of a monokaryon strain P. eryngii 183 allows us to gain a better understanding of carbohydrate-active enzymes (CAZymes) and oxidoreductases for degradation of lignocellulose in white-rot fungi. The genomic data provides insights into ...