Jump to Main Content
- Zhou, H. J., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- RSC advances 2016 v.6 no.11 pp. 9338-9343
- boric acid; boron; carbon; condensation reactions; gels; glycerol; polyvinyl alcohol; pyrolysis
- ... Boron carbide (B₄C) powder was synthesized by heating a gel precursor with pyrolysis and carbothermal processes. The gel precursor was prepared by the condensation reaction of boric acid (H₃BO₃) and polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) at a weight ratio of 1/2 with the addition of various amounts of glycerine. The effects of glycerine addition on the synthesis of B₄C powder were studied. It was observed that g ...
- Zhou, H.-J., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Letters in applied microbiology 2009 v.48 no.6 pp. 726-731
- DNA fingerprinting; Vibrio cholerae; cholera; monitoring; outbreak investigation; pulsed-field gel electrophoresis; ribotypes
- ... To compare the discriminatory power of an automated ribotyping method for Vibrio cholerae subtyping with the pulsed-field gel electrophoresis (PFGE), to evaluate the possibility of automated ribotyping in use of outbreak investigations and surveillance of cholera. Eight-one epidemiologically unrelated isolates of V. cholerae, and 19 isolates from seven cholera outbreaks were used as the panels. Wh ...
- Zhou, H. J., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Animal genetics 2011 v.42 no.5 pp. 491
- Campylobacter jejuni; RNA; bacterial colonization; bacterial enteritis; cecum; chickens; disease resistance; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; genetic lines; host-pathogen relationships; microarray technology; mitogen-activated protein kinase; resistance mechanisms; signal transduction; transcriptomics
- ... Campylobacter jejuni is one of the most common causes of human bacterial enteritis worldwide. The molecular mechanisms of the host responses of chickens to C. jejuni colonization are not well understood. We have previously found differences in C. jejuni colonization at 7-days post-inoculation (pi) between two genetic broiler lines. However, within each line, not all birds were colonized by C. jeju ...