Jump to Main Content
- Zhou, Kangqun, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2017 v.152 pp. 28-37
- activated sludge; bacteria; bacterial communities; carbon; denitrification; energy; fluorescence in situ hybridization; genes
- ... A new method using polyphosphate kinase (PPK) probe was developed in this study to measure the ratio of denitrifying phosphate-accumulating organisms (DNPAOs) to bacteria. Advantages and disadvantages of this method and previously published methods were evaluated. Biochemical characteristics and metabolic mechanisms of the bacterial community in activated sludge were analyzed. The result indicated ...
- Zhou, Kangqun, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2016 v.211 pp. 6-15
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa; ammonium nitrogen; bacteria; carbon; chemical oxygen demand; denitrification; energy; metabolic studies; nitrogen; nutrients; phosphorus; wastewater
- ... A newly designed pilot-scale system was developed to enrich denitrifying phosphate-accumulating organisms (DNPAOs) for nitrogen and phosphorus nutrient removal synchronously. A strain of DNPAOs was isolated and its biochemical characteristics and metabolic mechanisms of this bacterial strain were analyzed. The results showed that compared with previously reported system, this newly designed system ...