Jump to Main Content
- Zhou, Wei-Jie, et al. Show all 24 Authors
- Cell 2019 v.178 no.6 pp. 1478-1492.e20
- RNA; angiogenesis; biomarkers; blood serum; chemoattractants; dimerization; endothelial cells; fibrosis; in vivo studies; leukocytes; ligands; liver; liver cirrhosis; mice; pathogenesis; patients; peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors; screening; therapeutics
- ... Liver fibrosis is a very common condition seen in millions of patients with various liver diseases, and yet no effective treatments are available owing to poorly characterized molecular pathogenesis. Here, we show that leukocyte cell-derived chemotaxin 2 (LECT2) is a functional ligand of Tie1, a poorly characterized endothelial cell (EC)-specific orphan receptor. Upon binding to Tie1, LECT2 interr ...
- Zhou, Wei-Jie, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2015 v.467 pp. 562-569
- 4',6-diamidino-2-phenylindole; Angelica sinensis; Oriental traditional medicine; adenosine monophosphate; antineoplastic activity; apoptosis; binding proteins; breast neoplasms; caspase-3; cyclic AMP; cytochrome c; cytosol; female genital diseases; flow cytometry; functional foods; humans; inflammation; membrane potential; mice; mitochondria; mitochondrial membrane; models; neoplasm cells; polysaccharides; protein synthesis; roots; signal transduction; staining
- ... Angelica sinensis polysaccharide (ASP) is purified from the fresh roots of Angelica sinensis (AS). This traditional Chinese medicine has been used for thousands of years for treating gynecological diseases and used in functional foods for the prevention and treatment of various diseases, such as inflammation and cancer. The antitumor activity of ASP is related to its biological activities, because ...