Jump to Main Content
- Zhu, De-Ping, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Organic letters 2019 v.21 no.8 pp. 2693-2698
- Lewis bases; alkenes; borates; catalysts; chemical structure; cobalt; enamines; hydrogen; hydrogenation; imines
- ... The combination of tris(pyrazolyl)borate cobalt complexes and Lewis base is developed as an efficient catalyst precursor in the homogeneous hydrogenation. A broad substrate scope including carbonyls, alkenes, enamines, and imines is reduced with 60 atm of H₂ at 60 °C. Mechanistic studies support the hydrogenation operates through a frustrated Lewis pair (FLP)-like reduction process. These results ...
- Zhu, De-Ping, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Tetrahedron 2018 v.74 no.18 pp. 2230-2238
- Lewis acids; Lewis bases; acidity; aldehydes; aromatization; chemical structure; condensation reactions; imines; ketones; phosphine
- ... A novel method of SiCl4-catalyzed/PR3-mediated β-C(sp3)−H functionalization of nitrones with aldehydes/ketones to α,β-unsaturated imines was developed. The synthesis of α,β-unsaturated imines mainly invovles deoxygenation and aldol condensation, each proceeding under a cooperation effect between Lewis acid and Lewis base. In addition, both the acidity and hydrolytic stability of the weak SiCl4 wer ...