Jump to Main Content
- Zhu, Kaiyuan, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Planta 2018 v.248 no.4 pp. 859-873
- beta-fructofuranosidase; biochemical pathways; circadian rhythm; flowering; galactose; glucose; longevity; pentoses; peptides; protein synthesis; proteinases; proteome; proteomics; ribosomal proteins; starch; sucrose
- ... MAIN CONCLUSION: Sugar-related metabolic biological processes and metabolic pathways as well as invertase, protease, and ribosomal proteins may be critical regulators controlling the circadian rhythm and ephemeral properties of daylily flowers. Daylily is a familiar perennial flower. The daylily flower opens at dawn and withers away at night. Flower longevity in almost all daylily varieties from o ...
- Zhu, Kaiyuan, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- BMC plant biology 2017 v.17 no.1 pp. 262
- DNA libraries; DNA-binding proteins; Paeonia lactiflora; breeding; buds; chilling requirement; cold treatment; dormancy; flowering; germplasm; heat shock proteins; horticulture; landscapes; ornamental plants; planting; sequence analysis; sprouting; subtropics; temperature; transcriptomics; unigenes; winter
- ... BACKGROUND: The artificial enlargement of the planting area and ecological amplitude of ornamentals for horticultural and landscape applications are significant. Herbaceous peony (Paeonia lactiflora Pall.) is a world-famous ornamental with attractive and fragrant flowers and is mainly planted in temperate and cool areas. Comparatively higher winter temperatures in the subtropical and tropical Nort ...
- PubMed Central:
- Zhu, Kaiyuan, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2017 v.139 no.1 pp. 156-170
- NAD (coenzyme); T-lymphocytes; agonists; binding capacity; binding sites; calcium; endoplasmic reticulum; glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase; humans; photoaffinity labeling; ryanodine receptors; surface plasmon resonance
- ... Cyclic adenosine diphosphoribose (cADPR), an endogenous nucleotide derived from nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD⁺), mobilizes Ca²⁺ release from endoplasmic reticulum (ER) via ryanodine receptors (RyRs), yet the bridging protein(s) between cADPR and RyRs remain(s) unknown. Here we synthesized a novel photoaffinity labeling (PAL) cADPR agonist, PAL-cIDPRE, and subsequently applied it to purify ...