Jump to Main Content
- Zhu, Linfeng, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Cellulose 2017 v.24 no.6 pp. 2571-2579
- aqueous solutions; biomass; capacitance; carbon; cellulose; dairy manure; electrodes; electrolytes; glucose; hydrochloric acid; hydrolysis; lignin; lignocellulose; livestock farming; potassium hydroxide; waste liquors
- ... Dairy manure, one of the most abundant agricultural wastes generated in livestock farming, was pretreated with KOH aqueous solution to relieve the constraint of lignin, thus facilitating cellulose hydrolysis. The generated black liquor waste was used to prepare porous carbon. Glucose yield of 261 g/kg was obtained from dairy manure pretreated in 0.73 wt% HCl aqueous solution, much higher than that ...
- Zhu, Linfeng, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2016 v.220 pp. 656-660
- aqueous solutions; biomass; carbon; catalysts; cellulose; hemicellulose; hydrolysis; ionic liquids; lignin; lignocellulose; porosity; potassium hydroxide; reducing sugars; rice straw; waste liquors
- ... Lignin-containing black liquor from pretreatment of rice straw by KOH aqueous solution was applied to prepare a carbonaceous solid acid catalyst, in which KOH played dual roles of extracting lignin from rice straw and developing porosity of the carbon material as an activation agent. The synthesized black liquor-derived carbon material was applied in catalytic hydrolysis of the residue solid from ...