Jump to Main Content
- Zielinski-Gutierrez, Emily C., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Ticks and tick-borne diseases 2014 v.5 no.4 pp. 404-408
- Lyme disease; Rocky Mountain spotted fever; antibiotics; disease control; education; health care workers; hematologic tests; information sources; laboratory experimentation; monitoring; patients; surveys; ticks; United States
- ... Surveillance indicates that tick-borne diseases are a common problem in the United States. Nevertheless, little is known regarding the experience or management practices of healthcare providers who treat these conditions. The purpose of the present study was to characterize the frequency of tick-borne diseases in clinical practice and the knowledge of healthcare providers regarding their managemen ...
- PubMed Central:
- Zielinski-Gutierrez, Emily C., et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Vector borne and zoonotic diseases 2014 v.14 no.11 pp. 788-793
- Culicidae; air; at-risk population; attitudes and opinions; confidence interval; demographic statistics; dengue; education; eggs; health information; interviews; outreach; public health; public housing; Florida
- ... Background: In 2009–2010, 93 cases of dengue were identified in Key West, Florida. This was the first outbreak of autochthonous transmission of dengue in Florida since 1934. In response to this outbreak, a multifaceted public education outreach campaign was launched. The aim of this study is to compare dengue prevention knowledge, attitudes, perceptions, and prevention practices among residents of ...