Jump to Main Content
- Zimmermann, Cindi, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2019 v.67 no.26 pp. 7466-7474
- Zea mays; amino acid sequences; corn; food crops; gene expression; genes; genetically modified plants; grain yield; proteins; safety assessment; seeds; sweetcorn
- ... The ZMM28 protein encoded by the zmm28 gene is endogenous to maize. DP202216 maize was genetically modified to increase and extend expression of the zmm28 gene relative to native zmm28 gene expression, resulting in plants with enhanced grain yield potential. Evaluation of the history of safe use (HOSU) is one component of the safety assessment framework for a newly expressed protein in a GM crop. ...
- Zimmermann, Cindi, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Food and chemical toxicology 2016 v.92 pp. 75-87
- Apoidea; Clostridium difficile; Listeria monocytogenes; Streptococcus pyogenes; agglutinins; allergens; beta-lactoglobulin; cattle; cytotoxicity; electrical resistance; enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli; epithelial cells; fibronectins; filters; humans; inflammation; interleukin-6; interleukin-8; intestinal mucosa; melittin; milk; models; peanuts; peroxidase; ribulose-bisphosphate carboxylase; serum albumin; spinach; swine; toxicology; toxins; venoms; wheat germ; wheat protein
- ... Human intestinal epithelial cell lines (T84, Caco-2, and HCT-8) grown on permeable Transwell™ filters serve as models of the gastrointestinal barrier. In this study, this in vitro model system was evaluated for effectiveness at distinguishing between hazardous and non-hazardous proteins. Indicators of cytotoxicity (LDH release, MTT conversion), monolayer barrier integrity ([3H]-inulin flux, horser ...