Jump to Main Content
- Zou, Shangyan, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Renewable energy 2019 v.132 pp. 587-595
- actuators; energy conversion; equipment; harvesting; mathematical models; water power
- ... Buoys carrying scientific equipment usually need continuous power supply for the operation of these equipments. These buoys can be equipped with actuators and controlled to harvest power from the heaving motion of the buoy. A two-body wave energy converter can be designed such that the buoy heaves to harvest energy while the second (lower) body carries the science equipments. This paper presents a ...
- Zou, Shangyan, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Renewable energy 2017 v.103 pp. 217-225
- dynamic models; energy conversion; prediction; water power
- ... Optimal control theory is applied to compute control for a single-degree-of-freedom heave wave energy converter. The goal is to maximize the energy extraction per cycle. Both constrained and unconstrained optimal control problems are presented. Both periodic and non-periodic excitation forces are considered. In contrast to prior work, it is shown that for this non-autonomous system, the optimal co ...