Jump to Main Content
- Zwetsloot, Kevin A., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Nutrition research 2020 v.76 pp. 9-19
- arginine; atherogenesis; atherosclerosis; blood glucose; body fat; fasting; fruit puree; glycemic control; insulin; insulin resistance; overweight; postmenopause; watermelons; women
- ... Postmenopausal status is associated with an increase in total and abdominal body fat as well as increased incidence of insulin resistance and cardiovascular disease. The purpose of this study was to determine if watermelon supplementation affects select systemic markers of atherosclerosis and measures of insulin resistance in overweight and obese postmenopausal women. We hypothesized that overweig ...
- Zwetsloot, Kevin A, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Nutrition journal 2013 v.12 no.1 pp. 635
- C-reactive protein; at-risk population; blood lipids; blood plasma; blood sampling; body mass index; cytokines; docosahexaenoic acid; eicosapentaenoic acid; erythrocytes; fatty acid composition; fish oils; glucose; heart; inflammation; low density lipoprotein; metabolic syndrome; necrosis; neoplasms; omega-3 fatty acids; phospholipids; placebos; plasma cells; risk factors; safflower oil; systolic blood pressure; young adults
- ... Long chain omega-3 fatty acids from fish oils (O3) are known to have beneficial effects on a number of vascular risk factors in at-risk populations. The effects of a highly bioavailable emulsified preparation on an overweight young adult population are less well known. Young adults, age 18-30, with body mass indices (BMIs) greater than 23 (average = 28.1) were administered 1.7 g of O3 per day (N = ...
- PubMed Central: