Jump to Main Content
- Chou, Kevin Chi-Chung; Wu, Hsiang-Lin; Lin, Pei-Yin; Yang, Shang-Han; Chang, Tsu-Liang; Sheu, Fuu; Chen, Kai-Hsien; Chiang, Been-Huang
- Phytochemistry 2019 v.161 pp. 97-106
- antroquinonols, etc ; 4-hydroxybenzoic acid; Taiwanofungus camphoratus; benzoquinones; biosynthesis; clinical trials; dietary supplements; fungi; glyphosate; lung neoplasms; mycelium; phenylalanine; polyketides; shikimate pathway; stable isotopes; tyrosine; Taiwan; United States; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Antrodia cinnamomea, an endemic fungus species of Taiwan, has long been used as a luxurious dietary supplement to enhance liver functions and as a remedy for various cancers. Antroquinonol (AQ), identified from the mycelium of A. cinnamomea, is currently in phase II clinical trials in the USA and Taiwan for the treatment of non-small-cell lung cancer. In the previous studies, we have demonstrated ...
- Xia, Yongjun; Chen, Yan; Liu, Xiaofeng; Zhou, Xuan; Wang, Zhaochu; Wang, Guangqiang; Xiong, Zhiqiang; Ai, Lianzhong
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2019 v.99 no.1 pp. 449-456
- antroquinonols, etc ; Taiwanofungus camphoratus; anti-inflammatory activity; antineoplastic activity; batch fermentation; bioreactors; biosynthesis; culture media; dissolved oxygen; kinetics; oxygen; pH; solid state fermentation; submerged fermentation; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Antroquinonol, a ubiquinone derivative that shows anticancer and anti‐inflammatory activities, is produced during solid‐state fermentation of Antrodia camphorata; however, it cannot be biosynthesized via conventional submerged fermentation. RESULTS: A method for enhancing the biosynthesis of antroquinonol by controlling pH and adding an oxygen vector in a 7 L bioreactor was studied. In ...