Jump to Main Content
- Miller, Jordyn B.; Frisbee, Marty D.
- Ground water monitoring & remediation 2018 v.38 no.3 pp. 75-78
- backpacking, etc ; batteries; hiking; landscapes; mountains; national parks; pumps; researchers; streams; summer; wells; California; Montana; Oregon; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The collection of water samples from springs, streams, and wells is a critical component of field hydrogeological studies. Fieldwork, especially in mountainous terrain, often involves hiking to remote springs and streams. It is logistically and physically difficult to carry bulky, heavy sampling equipment such as large peristaltic pumps with built‐in batteries in these areas. To address this probl ...
- Okubo, Torahiko; Matsushita, Mizue; Nakamura, Shinji; Matsuo, Junji; Nagai, Hiroki; Yamaguchi, Hiroyuki
- Environmental microbiology reports 2018 v.10 no.3 pp. 344-354
- backpacking, etc ; Acanthamoeba; Escherichia coli; Legionella pneumophila; Neochlamydia; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Salmonella Enteritidis; Staphylococcus aureus; Stenotrophomonas maltophilia; agar; animal pathogenic bacteria; endosymbionts; fluorescence; image analysis; liquids; mixed culture; predator-prey relationships; scanning electron microscopy; symbiosis; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Soil‐borne amoeba Acanthamoeba S13WT has an endosymbiotic relationship with an environmental Neochlamydia bacterial strain. However, regardless of extensive experiments in liquid media, the biological advantage of the symbiosis remained elusive. We therefore explored the role of the endosymbiont in predator‐prey interactions on solid media. A mixed culture of the symbiotic or aposymbiotic amoebae ...