Jump to Main Content
- da Silva, Emerson Alves, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental and experimental botany 2017 v.143 pp. 135-148
- Pitcairnia; abscisic acid; amino acids; chlorophyll; dehydroascorbic acid; erythritol; gas exchange; leaves; photosynthesis; pigments; rehydration; rhizomes; soil water; starch; transpiration
- ... Pitcairnia burchellii is a bromeliad found in Brazilian rocky outcrops. Given its capacity to cope with soil scarcity and extreme water deficit, this species is thought to behave as a resurrection plant. Herein, we evaluated water relations, gas exchange, the content of pigments, sugar and abscisic acid (ABA), and the metabolic profile of P. burchellii plants during desiccation and recovery after ...
- DA SILVA, EMERSON ALVES, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Plant, cell and environment 2008 v.31 no.8 pp. 1116-1127
- Saccharum; biomass; carbon dioxide; complementary DNA; corn; crops; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; leaves; photosynthesis; stomatal conductance; sucrose; sugarcane; water stress; water use efficiency
- ... Because of the economical relevance of sugarcane and its high potential as a source of biofuel, it is important to understand how this crop will respond to the foreseen increase in atmospheric [CO₂]. The effects of increased [CO₂] on photosynthesis, development and carbohydrate metabolism were studied in sugarcane (Saccharum ssp.). Plants were grown at ambient (~370 ppm) and elevated (~720 ppm) [C ...