Jump to Main Content
- da Silva Santos, Erick Rodrigo, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Agroforestry systems 2020 v.94 no.2 pp. 615-626
- Gliricidia sepium; Mimosa caesalpiniifolia; Urochloa decumbens; average daily gain; body weight; canopy; cattle; dry season; experimental design; forage; grasses; legumes; pastures; silvopastoral systems; stocking rate; trees; tropics; wet season; Brazil
- ... Silvopasture systems using tree legumes have potential to reduce C footprint of livestock systems in the tropics. This 4-year study evaluated productive responses of signal grass (Brachiaria decumbens Stapf.) and the performance of cattle in silvopastoral systems (SPS) in the sub-humid tropical region of Brazil. The experimental design was randomized complete block with three replications. Treatme ...
- da Silva Santos, Erick Rodrigo, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Small ruminant research 2019 v.175 pp. 7-14
- C3 plants; C4 plants; Cynodon; Medicago sativa; alfalfa; alfalfa hay; body weight; diet; digestibility; feces; grasses; grazing trials; lambs; males; models; neutral detergent fiber; ovens; rectum; stable isotopes
- ... Stable isotopes can be an important research tool to track C and N in grazing experiments. This study tested different proportions of C4 grass and legume and the correlation between dietary δ13C with fecal δ13C. Forty lambs, male, with average body weight of 20.4 kg, were randomized in a complete block design and fed Tifton-85 (Cynodon spp.) and Alfalfa (Medicago sativa) hays, at different levels ...