Jump to Main Content
- de Arruda Leite, Paulo Márcio Barbosa, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Tropical animal health and production 2018 v.50 no.8 pp. 1807-1814
- blood composition; body weight changes; cassava; crude protein; digestibility; lambs; neutral detergent fiber; nutrients; rumination
- ... This aim of this study was to evaluate the intake and apparent digestibility of nutrients, ingestive behavior, blood parameters, and performance of lambs fed two roughage:concentrate (R:C) ratios, with or without liquid residue of cassava (LRC). Forty lambs (19.5 ± 1.45 kg body weight) were distributed in a completely randomized 2 × 2 factorial design. The intake of dry matter (1311 g/day) and tot ...
- de Arruda Leite, Paulo Márcio Barbosa, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Tropical animal health and production 2017 v.49 no.7 pp. 1479-1487
- body conformation; breeding programs; color; farmers; frequency distribution; fur; interviews; milk production; multivariate analysis; production technology; purebreds; selection criteria; sheep; Brazil
- ... The implementation of sustainable breeding programs requires genetic breeding strategies that are appropriate for the reality production systems. It is also essential that the choice of animal selection criteria be based on breeders’ knowledge and objectives. This work is an ethno-zootechnical study of the Morada Nova sheep breed and its crossbreeds. The goals of this study were to register and an ...