Jump to Main Content
- de Bruin, Alain, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Biomaterials 2012 v.33 no.17 pp. 4309-4318
- biocompatibility; biodegradation; fibrosis; hydrophilicity; lymphocytes; macrophages; mice; molecular weight; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; polyesters; scanning electron microscopy; thermal properties; tissue engineering; tissues; weight loss
- ... The aim of this study was to evaluate the in vivo biodegradation and biocompatibility of three-dimensional (3D) scaffolds based on a hydroxyl-functionalized polyester (poly(hydroxymethylglycolide-co-ε-caprolactone), PHMGCL), which has enhanced hydrophilicity, increased degradation rate, and improved cell–material interactions as compared to its counterpart poly(ε-caprolactone), PCL. In this study, ...
- de Bruin, Alain, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- The veterinary journal 2012 v.191 no.3 pp. 341-346
- adults; biopsy; cardiac output; cardiomyopathy; cats; diaphragm; heart; long term effects; muscle tissues; necropsy; pericardial effusion; sternum; thorax; ultrasonics
- ... A percutaneous/transdiaphragmatic core needle biopsy technique was developed in cats to obtain serial biopsies from different locations of the left ventricle, through which morphological and molecular changes within the same individual can be studied to unravel the mechanisms of feline cardiomyopathies. Transmural left ventricular myocardial samples were obtained from 29 anesthetized, healthy, adu ...
- de Bruin, Alain, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Panthera tigris; atrophy; cats; coagulation; fibrosis; kidneys; males; necrosis; nephritis; renal calculi; renal failure
- ... An 18-year-old male intact white Tiger (Panthera tigris) was euthanized after a clinical diagnosis of severe renal failure. Postmortem macroscopic examination of the kidneys revealed unilateral hydronephrosis with renal calculi and bilateral cortical and medullary fibrosis and papillary coagulation necrosis. Interestingly, multiple large persistent metanephric ducts were found at the corticomedull ...