Jump to Main Content
- de Camargo, Antonio P., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Biosystems engineering 2018 v.169 pp. 42-56
- application rate; automation; collectors; sprinklers; uncertainty analysis
- ... An automated system for indoor testing of irrigation sprinklers was developed and evaluated. The system was designed to test single sprinklers with jet lengths up to 18 m. The tests involve the use of 36 collectors (catch-cans) spaced at 0.5 m intervals along the jet radius. A single pressure transducer coupled to a manifold equipped with solenoid valves was employed to sequentially scan the water ...
- de Camargo, Antonio P., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Biosystems engineering 2018 v.175 pp. 115-123
- deterministic models; irrigation water; leaching; manufacturing; prototypes; sprinkler irrigation; water use efficiency
- ... Variable rate irrigation intends to supply water at the right time and place in order to improve water-use efficiency, save energy and decrease nutrient leaching. The concept of an adjustable orifice sprinkler using an iris mechanism actuated by a stepper motor for use in variable rate irrigation was proposed and developed. A prototype was manufactured using additive manufacturing techniques. Its ...