Jump to Main Content
- de Jong, Aard, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Nutrition research 2016 v.36 pp. 798-807
- Food and Agriculture Organization; adults; casein; children; digestibility; digestible protein; egg albumen; egg membranes; eggs; herring; histidine; humans; ileum; in vitro digestion; invasive species; lysine; membrane proteins; models; ovalbumin; raw chicken meat; sulfur
- ... It is hypothesized that the digestible indispensable amino acid score (DIAAS) can be determined based on dynamic in vitro gastrointestinal digestion experiments as replacement for invasive animal studies. We determined the in vitro DIAAS for immature herring eggs (roe) proteins in comparison with reference proteins. The true ileal digestibility of protein and indispensable amino acids (IAA) was me ...
- de Jong, Aard, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2013 v.61 no.31 pp. 7636-7644
- adults; caseinates; cheese spreads; children; crosslinking; digestibility; digestion; food matrix; gel electrophoresis; pepsin; peptides; protein-glutamine gamma-glutamyltransferase; simulation models; small intestine; stomach
- ... Aim of this study was to investigate the digestion of transglutaminase cross-linked caseinate (XLC) versus native caseinate (NC) in solution and in cheese spread under digestive conditions for adults and children mimicked in a gastrointestinal model. Samples were collected for gel electrophoresis and nitrogen analysis. The results showed no relevant differences between XLC and NC for total and α-a ...