Jump to Main Content
- de Melo, Evaldo Tadeu, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Scientia horticulturae 2019 v.257 pp. 108662
- Cydonia oblonga; Pseudocydonia sinensis; Pyrus calleryana; analysis of variance; cortex; crop production; fruit trees; grafting (plants); necrosis; parenchyma (plant tissue); pears; phloem; quinces; rootstocks; saplings; scions; sprouting; tropics; woody plants; xylem
- ... Pear cultivation in the tropics currently requires the complex use of Pyrus calleryana or Chaenomeles sinensis rootstocks with Cydonia oblonga interstocks. The objective of the present study is to quantify the different proportions of tissues in rootstock-interstock combinations established to obtain saplings. Packham's Triumph pear (scion) was double grafted by cleft grafting onto interstocks of ...
- de Melo, Evaldo Tadeu, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Scientia horticulturae 2019 v.253 pp. 180-186
- Hylocereus polyrhizus; acidity; color; commercialization; firmness; flowering; fruiting; markets; pH; pulp; total soluble solids
- ... The red-fleshed dragon fruit (Hylocereus polyrhizus) has high functional potential; however, but there have been only few studies on it. Knowledge about the changes that occur during fruit development facilitates the adoption of strategies that address issues related to fruit management, quality, conservation, and harvest. The objective of this study was to evaluate the quality evolution of red-fl ...