Jump to Main Content
- de Menezes, Rita de Cássia Alves Alcantara, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Veterinary parasitology 2012 v.183 no.3-4 pp. 269-273
- adults; animal age; commercial farms; dry season; eggs; feces; larvae; meteorological data; ostriches; sugars; wet season; Brazil
- ... Ostriches are susceptible to a wide variety of diseases that can affect their commercial breeding. The aim of this study was to identify morphologically Codiostomum struthionis and examine its seasonal occurrence among animals of three age categories in two commercial farms in Areal and Itaboraí, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Fresh fecal samples were collected monthly, from June 2004 to May 200 ...
- de Menezes, Rita de Cássia Alves Alcantara, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Preventive veterinary medicine 2009 v.91 no.2-4 pp. 234-240
- dogs; dog diseases; nematode infections; cryptosporidiosis; Cryptosporidium; Ancylostoma; gastrointestinal system; digestive system diseases; risk factors; clinical examination; interviews; cross-sectional studies; environmental factors; hygiene; educational status; veterinary clinics; disease control; Brazil
- ... Factors associated with parasitism by helminths and protozoans in 500 dogs presented to three veterinary clinics in the municipality of Rio de Janeiro from November 2003 to September 2004 were evaluated. Dogs were submitted to physical examination and owners were interviewed about the animal's management. One fecal sample from each dog was examined by centrifugal flotation and sedimentation method ...