Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: maria?
- de Miguel, Marina, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Acta oecologica 2017 v.82 pp. 1-9
- Fagus sylvatica; carbon nitrogen ratio; climate change; ecophysiology; ferulic acid; forest trees; greenhouse experimentation; intraspecific variation; isoleucine; kaempferol; leaves; metabolomics; nitrogen; phenotype; provenance; secondary metabolites; seedlings; stable isotopes; temperate forests; valine; water stress; Germany; Spain; Sweden
- ... Most temperate forest tree species will suffer important environmental changes as result of the climate change. Adaptiveness to local conditions could change at different sites in the future. In this context, the study of intra-specific variability is important to clarify the singularity of different local populations. Phenotypic differentiation between three beech provenances covering a wide lati ...
- de Miguel, Marina, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Plant physiology and biochemistry 2016 v.102 pp. 17-26
- Pinus pinaster; adults; antioxidants; cyclitols; drought; drought tolerance; flavonoids; genes; genetic polymorphism; glutathione; juveniles; malate dehydrogenase; malates; metabolism; metabolites; metabolomics; phenylalanine; phenylpropanoids; plant response; roots; stems; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; trees; water stress
- ... Drought is an important driver of plant survival, growth, and distribution. Water deficit affects different pathways of metabolism, depending on plant organ. While previous studies have mainly focused on the metabolic drought response of a single organ, analysis of metabolic differences between organs is essential to achieve an integrated understanding of the whole plant response. In this work, un ...
- de Miguel, Marina, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Tree physiology 2012 v.32 no.1 pp. 94-103
- Pinus pinaster; clones; drought; ecosystems; fires; gas exchange; genetic correlation; genetic variation; heritability; leaf area; pathogens; phenotypic variation; recruitment; seedlings; stomatal conductance; trees; water use efficiency; water vapor
- ... Drought is an important environmental factor in Mediterranean ecosystems affecting seedling recruitment, productivity or susceptibility to fires and pathogens. Studying water use efficiency in these environments is crucial due to its adaptive value allowing trees to cope with low water availability. We studied the phenotypic variability and genetic control of intrinsic water use efficiency (WUEi) ...