Jump to Main Content
- de Oliveira, Carlos A.F., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Comparative immunology, microbiology, and infectious diseases 2019 v.62 pp. 1-6
- antibody formation; beta-glucans; blood serum; chicks; dogs; experimental design; interleukin-2; mice; monocytes; neutrophils; phagocytosis; piglets
- ... Several reports have shown the positive effects of β-glucans on the immune. Howeverthese studies have a broad experimental design including β-glucans compounds. Consequently, a study using the same β-glucan molecule, administration route and experimental design is needed to compare the effects of β-glucan across vertebrate species. For this end, during 28 days we fed four different vertebrate spec ...
- de Oliveira, Carlos A.F., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food control 2017 v.73 pp. 492-496
- Lactobacillus helveticus; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; aflatoxin M1; bioavailability; humans; lactic acid bacteria; milk; washing
- ... Aflatoxin M1 (AFM1) is a group 2b category carcinogenic compound of global concern due to its occurrence in milk. Various microbes have been employed for the binding of AFM1 and to reduce its bioavailability in humans. In the current study three strains of lactic acid bacteria, a strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae and a mixture of all four were used to evaluate their binding potentials for AFM1. M ...