Jump to Main Content
- de Oliveira, J. P., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Communications in soil science and plant analysis 2013 v.44 no.17 pp. 2497-2506
- field experimentation; foods; genotype; genotype-environment interaction; grain yield; nitrogen; nutrient use efficiency; rice; shoots; yield components
- ... Rice is staple food for more than 50% of the world's population. Nitrogen (N) is one of the most yield-limiting nutrients for lowland rice production around the world. Two field experiments were conducted at two locations for two consecutive years to evaluate N-use efficiency of 12 lowland rice genotypes. Growth, grain yield, and yield components were significantly influenced by N as well as genot ...
- de Oliveira, J. P., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Communications in soil science and plant analysis 2012 v.43 no.11 pp. 1523
- Inceptisols; acidity; aluminum; beans; genotype; grain yield; greenhouse experimentation; harvest index; hydrogen; ions; nutrition; phosphorus; pods; potassium; production costs; protons; shoots; soil pH; tropics
- ... Soil acidity is a major yield-limiting factors for bean production in the tropical regions. Using soil acidity–tolerant genotypes is an important strategy in improving bean yields and reducing cost of production. A greenhouse experiment was conducted with the objective of evaluating 20 dry bean genotypes for their tolerance to soil acidity constraints. An Inceptisol soil was amended with dolomitic ...