Jump to Main Content
- de Schipper, M.A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Geomorphology 2018 v.313 pp. 1-12
- coasts; data collection; sand; North Sea
- ... The behaviour of subtidal sandbars can be strongly influenced by the introduction of sand nourishments in the coastal system. This study focuses on the impact of nourishments on subtidal bar behaviour at spatio-temporal scales beyond a single nourishment project. It aims to determine the long-term behaviour of subtidal sandbars along an entire coastal cell, taking into account both the unnourished ...
- de Schipper, M.A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Aeolian research 2014 v.15 pp. 235-244
- beaches; data collection; linear models; littoral zone; sediment transport; sediments; wind speed; Netherlands
- ... Variability in aeolian sediment transport rates have traditionally been explain by variability in wind speed. Although it is recognised in literature that limitations in sediment supply can influence sediment transport significantly, most models that predict aeolian sediment transport attribute a dominant role to the magnitude of the wind speed. In this paper it is proposed that spatio-temporal va ...