Jump to Main Content
- de Sousa, Fernanda S., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Phytochemistry 2017 v.140 pp. 108-117
- DNA; Lewis bases; Nectandra; actin; apoptosis; benzene; branches; caspase-3; cytotoxicity; fractionation; homeostasis; inhibitory concentration 50; lignans; melanoma; membrane potential; metabolites; mice; mitochondria; mitochondrial membrane; phosphatidylserines
- ... Six neolignans including three previously undescribed metabolites: 1-[(7R)-hydroxy-8-propenyl]-3-[3′-methoxy-1′-(8′-propenyl)-phenoxy]-4,5-dimethoxybenzene, 4-hydroxy-5-methoxy-3-[3′-methoxy-1′-(8′-propenyl)phenoxy]-1-(7-oxo-8-propenyl)benzene and 4,5-dimethoxy-3-[3′-methoxy-1′-(8′-propenyl)phenoxy]-1-(7-oxo-8-propenyl)benzene were isolated from twigs of Nectandra leucantha Nees & Mart (Lauraceae) ...
- de Sousa, Fernanda S., et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Phytomedicine 2017 v.24 pp. 62-67
- Nectandra; Trypanosoma cruzi; amastigotes; antiparasitic properties; bioactive compounds; biodiversity; chromatography; fluorescent dyes; hexane; hosts; in vitro studies; leaves; mechanism of action; nitric oxide; parasites; plasma membrane; reactive oxygen species; screening; trypomastigotes
- ... From a previous screening of Brazilian biodiversity for antiprotozoal activity, the hexane extract from leaves of Nectandra leucantha (Nees & Mart.) (Lauraceae) demonstrated activity against Trypanosoma cruzi. Chromatographic separation of this extract afforded bioactive dehydrodieugenol (1). Furthermore, methylated derivative 2 (dehydrodieugenol dimethyl ether) was prepared and also tested agains ...
- de Sousa, Fernanda S., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Journal of natural products 2015 v.78 no.4 pp. 653-657
- Leishmania donovani; Nectandra hihua; amastigotes; antiparasitic properties; branches; cytotoxicity; fractionation; immunomodulators; inhibitory concentration 50; interleukin-10; interleukin-6; leishmaniasis; macrophages; mammals; metabolites; nitric oxide; parasites
- ... Three phenylpropanoid dimers (1–3) including two new metabolites were isolated from the extract of the twigs of Nectandra leucantha using antileishmanial bioassay-guided fractionation. The in vitro antiparasitic activity of the isolated compounds against Leishmania donovani parasites and mammalian cytotoxicity and immunomodulatory effects were evaluated. Compounds 1–3 were effective against the in ...
- PubMed Central: