Jump to Main Content
- de Souza, C.M.M., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Chemosphere 2017
- Oligosarcus; Pimelodella; Pimelodus fur; bioaccumulation; diet; eating habits; environmental factors; fish; fungicides; fur; gills; gold; liver; mercury; methylmercury compounds; mining; muscles; omnivores; pollutants; rivers; sediments; stream channels; tissues; Brazil
- ... This is one of the first studies to evaluate the effect of biometric variables (total length and weight), diet, and abiotic matrices (sediment and water column) on the bioaccumulation of methylmercury in tissues (muscle, liver, and gills) of four fish (two carnivore-invertivores, Pimelodus fur and Pachyurus adspersus; one carnivore-piscivore, Oligosarcus hepsetus; and one omnivore, Pimelodella lat ...
- de Souza, C.M.M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Chemosphere 2016 v.164 pp. 508-515
- World Health Organization; adults; animal products; arsenic; cadmium; cattle; chickens; ingestion; lead; liver; muscles; neoplasms; questionnaires; risk; Brazil
- ... This study evaluated the levels of As, Cd, and Pb in muscle and liver the cattle and chicken. The risk was estimated for the adult population of a midsized city in southeast Brazil, concerning the tolerable ingestion and cancer risk. Samples of muscle and liver (cattle and chicken) were collected (n = 250). Samples of mineral supplements for cattle (n = 4) and chicken feed samples (n = 4) were eva ...