Jump to Main Content
- de Souza Alves, Marcela, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Crop protection 2019
- Callosobruchus maculatus; Chrysomelidae; Cymbopogon citratus; Vigna unguiculata; acetylcholinesterase; biotransformation; citral; cowpeas; crop production; enzyme activity; essential oils; females; fumigants; grains; insect pests; lipid composition; males; mortality; oogenesis; oviposition; sexual behavior; storage pests; storage time; toxicity; triacylglycerols
- ... The cowpea weevil, Callosobruchus maculatus (F.), is a storage pest that mainly infects cowpea (Vigna unguiculata (L.) Walp), spending part of its life cycle inside the grains. Depending on the region, the decrease in cowpea production by cowpea weevils can exceed 70% during a six-month storage period. This study investigated the fumigant effect of lemongrass essential oil (Cymbopogon citratus (DC ...
- de Souza Alves, Marcela, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Revista Brasileira de Farmacognosia 2015 v.25 no.4 pp. 356-362
- Schinus molle; Schinus terebinthifolia; alpha-pinene; beta-caryophyllene; beta-pinene; chemical composition; essential oils; extraction; fruits; germacrene; hydrodistillation; leaves; plant extracts; spathulenol
- ... Essential oils extracted from Schinus molle L. and Schinus terebinthifolius Raddi, Anacardiaceae, leaves and fruit hydrodistillation, as well as, their chemical composition and extraction kinetic were evaluated. For this proposal, 6h extraction and aliquots collected at sequencing different times (0.5, 1, 2, 4 and 6h) were carried out allowing calculating accumulated content (% w/w) and verifying ...