Jump to Main Content
- de Souza Ferreira, Juliana, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- 3 Biotech 2019 v.9 no.4 pp. 153
- Rhodobacter capsulatus; Rhodospirillaceae; bioreactors; energy; fermentation; hydrogen; hydrogen production; international policy and programs; lactic acid; lactose; metabolites
- ... Hydrogen production by biological route is a potentially sustainable alternative. Nowadays, energy production from sustainable sources has become urgent for several countries as well as for international policies. In this perspective, hydrogen has gained substantial global attention as clean, sustainable, and versatile energy carrier. In the current work, the resulting effluent from dark fermentat ...
- de Souza Ferreira, Juliana, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2016 v.200 pp. 72-80
- Rhodobacter capsulatus; bacteria; biomass; butyric acid; cell culture; energy; energy density; fermentation; fuels; glucose; hydrogen; hydrogen production; lactic acid; lactose; toxicity
- ... Hydrogen is a promising alternative for the increased global energy demand since it has high energy density and is a clean fuel. The aim of this work was to evaluate the photo-fermentation by Rhodobacter capsulatus, using the dark fermentation effluent as substrate. Different systems were tested by changing the type of sugar in the dark fermentation, investigating the influence of supplementing DF ...