Jump to Main Content
- dos Santos Pina, Douglas, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Tropical animal health and production 2018 v.50 no.4 pp. 721-726
- Dorper; body weight; cassava; corn; feeding behavior; feedlots; hay; lambs; males; neutral detergent fiber; roughage; rumination; shoots; soybeans; wastewater
- ... In this study, we evaluated the effects of including cassava wastewater in the diet on the feeding behavior of feedlot lambs in 35 male uncastrated Santa Inês × Dorper crossbred lambs at an approximate age of 3 months, with an average live weight of 20.0 ± 3.4 kg. Diets were formulated with hay of cassava shoots (roughage) and a concentrate based on corn and soybean, with a roughage:concentrate ra ...
- dos Santos Pina, Douglas, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Agroforestry systems 2016 v.90 no.2 pp. 305-311
- Trichostrongylidae; adults; anemia; anthelmintics; control methods; eggs; feces; field experimentation; forage; gastroenteritis; gastrointestinal system; grasses; herds; nematode larvae; parasites; parasitism; sheep; sheep breeds; silvopastoral systems; soil; spring; summer; winter; Brazil
- ... Trichostrongylids nematodes are capilliform worms that parasitize the gastrointestinal tract of ruminants that frequently cause serious injuries such as severe gastroenteritis and acute anemia. Sheep breeds are highly susceptible to these parasites, including adult animals as well. In sheep herds, this parasitic disease is traditionally controlled through the use of antihelminthics; however, some ...