Jump to Main Content
- le Roux, Annelise, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- African journal of range & forage science 2018 v.35 no.3-4 pp. 289-302
- conservation areas; ecosystems; grazing intensity; habitats; multidimensional scaling; rain; species abundance; vegetation cover; South Africa
- ... Because vegetation change in arid ecosystems is slow, long-term data are essential to gain an understanding of how the vegetation responds to short-term, inter-annual variation in rainfall; long-term cyclic rainfall patterns; and grazing pressure. The point intercept method was conducted annually over a period of more than 20 years at five transects in the plains habitat on the Goegap Nature Reser ...
- Le Roux, Annelise, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Applied vegetation science 2015 v.18 no.2 pp. 311-322
- arid zones; conservation areas; elements; grazing intensity; livestock; models; multidimensional scaling; rain; species diversity; stocking rate; surveys; vegetation cover; wildlife; South Africa
- ... QUESTIONS: Vegetation change in arid regions with a coefficient of rainfall exceeding 33% usually displays non‐equilibrium dynamics, where abiotic factors override internal biotic controls. Irreversible changes have nonetheless also been described for arid regions. What are the contributions of internal/equilibrium vs external/non‐equilibrium factors to vegetation dynamics and can degradation due ...