Jump to Main Content
- van Bilsen, Jolanda H.M., et al. Show all 21 Authors
- Trends in food science & technology 2019
- B-lymphocytes; adaptive immunity; adverse outcome pathways; animal use replacement; dietary nutrient sources; dietary protein; food allergies; in vitro studies; innate immunity; markets; proteins
- ... Before introducing proteins from new or alternative dietary sources into the market, a compressive risk assessment including food allergic sensitization should be carried out in order to ensure their safety. We have recently proposed the adverse outcome pathway (AOP) concept to structure the current mechanistic understanding of the molecular and cellular pathways evidenced to drive IgE-mediated fo ...
- van Bilsen, Jolanda, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2013 v.61 no.31 pp. 7636-7644
- adults; caseinates; cheese spreads; children; crosslinking; digestibility; digestion; food matrix; gel electrophoresis; pepsin; peptides; protein-glutamine gamma-glutamyltransferase; simulation models; small intestine; stomach
- ... Aim of this study was to investigate the digestion of transglutaminase cross-linked caseinate (XLC) versus native caseinate (NC) in solution and in cheese spread under digestive conditions for adults and children mimicked in a gastrointestinal model. Samples were collected for gel electrophoresis and nitrogen analysis. The results showed no relevant differences between XLC and NC for total and α-a ...