Jump to Main Content
- van Grevenynghe, Julien, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of Molecular Biology 2013 v.425 pp. 4981-4994
- DNA; Human immunodeficiency virus 2; immune response; mutation; phosphorylation; receptors; reverse transcription; viruses
- ... SAMHD1 [sterile alpha motif and histidine-aspartic domain (HD) containing protein 1] is the most recent addition to a unique group of host restriction factors that limit retroviral replication at distinct stages of the viral life cycle. SAMHD1 is a deoxynucleoside triphosphate triphosphohydrolase that degrades the intracellular pool of deoxynucleoside triphosphates available during early reverse t ...
- van Grevenynghe, Julien, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Environmental toxicology 2008 v.23 no.2 pp. 263-268
- arsenic; caspases; hematopoiesis; humans; necrosis; pollution; stem cells; toxicity
- ... Inorganic arsenic is a major environmental contaminant known to exert immunosuppressive effects. In this study, we report toxicity of As₂O₃, a trivalent inorganic form, toward isolated human hematopoietic CD34+ progenitor cells. Our results demonstrate that low concentrations of As₂O₃ (0.1-5 μM) inhibit in vitro proliferation of CD34+ cells and their differentiation into various hematological cell ...