Jump to Main Content
- van Leeuwen, Eveline S., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Urban forestry & urban greening 2018 v.29 pp. 131-141
- cultural heritage; issues and policy; land use; landscapes; outdoor recreation; people; quality of life; rural areas; sports; surveys
- ... Cultural services of the landscape contribute to a higher quality of life. The provision of these services differs along the urban–rural gradient, as does their appreciation by local residents. This paper investigates residents’ preferences for cultural services along the urban–rural gradient through a map-based survey in and around the Dutch city of Maastricht. We focus on the importance of locat ...
- van Leeuwen, Eveline S., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Ecological indicators 2015 v.59 pp. 6-18
- European Union; agricultural industry; econometrics; environmental policy; farm labor; funding; labor productivity; regression analysis; rural areas; rural development; spatial variation
- ... With more than 50 percent of the European population (EU-24) living in rural areas and a renewed focus on stimulating smart, sustainable and socially inclusive growth, Rural Development Programmes (RDPs) are an important instrument for economic, social and environmental policies. Evaluating the impact of rural development programmes is, however, complicated due to the widely varying policy targets ...