Jump to Main Content
- van der Meijden, Aart, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- International journal of antimicrobial agents 2019 v.54 no.2 pp. 159-166
- Klebsiella pneumoniae; antibacterial properties; antibiotic resistance; antimicrobial peptides; bacteria; colistin; cross resistance; drugs; mechanism of action; multiple drug resistance
- ... Colistin is an antimicrobial peptide (AMP) used as a drug of last resort, although plasmid-mediated colistin resistance (MCR) has been reported. AA139 and SET-M33 are novel AMPs currently in development for the treatment of multidrug-resistant (MDR) Gram-negative bacterial infections. As many AMPs have a similar mode of action to colistin, potentially leading to cross-resistance, the antimicrobial ...
- van der Meijden, Aart, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- International journal of antimicrobial agents 2017 v.49 no.3 pp. 302-307
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis; cell walls; colistin; linezolid; moxifloxacin; multiple drug resistance; transporters; tuberculosis; verapamil
- ... Current treatment for tuberculosis (TB) is complicated by the emergence of multidrug resistant TB (MDR-TB). As a result, there is an urgent need for new powerful anti-TB regimens and novel strategies. In this study, we aimed to potentiate a moxifloxacin + linezolid backbone as treatment for MDR-TB with the efflux pump inhibitors verapamil and timcodar as well as with drugs that act on mycobacteria ...