Jump to Main Content
- van der Merwe, B., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Energy for sustainable development 2016 v.32 pp. 62-70
- energy; energy conservation; heaters; motivation; national surveys; questionnaires; willingness to pay; South Africa
- ... Using data from an online national survey conducted in South Africa, this paper aims to investigate: the awareness of energy savings measures for electric water heaters (EWHs); whether or not consumers are implementing suggested measures; and if consumers understand and effectively control their EWHs' energy usage. Additionally, the data is used to determine the success of educational and rebate p ...
- van der Merwe, B. D., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Equine veterinary journal 2015 v.47 no.2 pp. 155-159
- Equid herpesvirus 1; Thoroughbred; demography; diagnostic techniques; epidemiology; epizootic diseases; farms; mares; morbidity; pregnancy; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reproductive performance; South Africa
- ... REASONS FOR PERFORMING STUDY: Equine herpesvirus 1 (EHV‐1) is one of the most common causes of infectious abortion in mares. Analysing the demography of outbreaks and detailing subsequent reproductive performance of affected mares will assist in the management of future (threatened) epizootics. OBJECTIVES: To examine the epidemiology and reproductive outcomes of 2 EHV‐1 abortion epizootics with ve ...