Jump to Main Content
- von Kalckreuth, Vera, et al. Show all 17 Authors
- Acta tropica 2019 v.190 pp. 293-295
- EDTA (chelating agent); Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica; automation; bacteria; binding properties; blood; blood flow; blood sampling; loop-mediated isothermal amplification; oligodeoxyribonucleotides; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; tropics; typhoid fever
- ... Typhoid fever, caused by the bacterium Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica serovar Typhi, is an important cause of blood stream infections in the tropics, for which easy-to-apply molecular diagnostic approaches are desirable. The diagnostic performance of a newly introduced and a previously described loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) approach using different primer sets on a Genie II M ...
- von Kalckreuth, Vera, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Vaccine 2015 v.33 no.20 pp. 2297-2300
- Haemophilus influenzae; children at risk; encephalitis; vaccination; vaccines; North Korea
- ... The feasibility of mass vaccination campaigns for Japanese encephalitis and Haemophilus influenzae type b infections was explored in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea using pilot vaccination studies. The experiences from these initial studies were then used to support larger vaccination campaigns in children at risk of these infections. We discuss the challenges and requirements for the in ...