Jump to Main Content
- Betcher, Samuel P., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of phycology 2018 v.54 no.1 pp. 1-11
- Amphipoda; Pleurophycus gardneri; burrows; climatic factors; hosts; invertebrates; longevity; macroalgae; mortality; seawater; temperature; trophic relationships
- ... Primary producers respond to climate directly and indirectly due to effects on their consumers. In the temperate coastal ocean, the highly productive brown algae known as kelp have both strong climate and grazer linkages. We analyzed the demographic response of the kelp Pleurophycus gardneri over a 25‐year span to determine the interaction between ocean climate indicators and invertebrate infestat ...
- Betcher, R., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of hydrology 2009 v.376 no.1-2 pp. 126-131
- groundwater; aquifers; hydrochemistry; barium; solutes; sulfates; minerals; groundwater flow; Manitoba
- ... Groundwaters of the Winnipeg Formation have been found to have Ba concentrations in excess of drinking groundwater guidelines over an area of several hundred square kilometers. Water samples are at or near barite saturation, however SO₄ concentrations are exceedingly low. This inequality suggests that SO₄ is being lost from the groundwater, allowing for a buildup of Ba in solution as barite satura ...