Jump to Main Content
- Czarniak, Pawel, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Waste and biomass valorization 2020 v.11 no.6 pp. 2877-2886
- Malus domestica; bark; biomass; bulk density; drilling; equipment; fruit trees; modulus of elasticity; modulus of rupture; orchards; particleboards; plums; pruning; raw materials; softwood; wastes; water uptake; wood chips
- ... Three-layered composite materials consisting in wood-chips bonded by a resin (particleboard) were successfully produced from two by-products: plum and apple tree branches, waste biomass produced after orchard pruning; a third particleboard was made from an industrial softwood blend as a reference. After collecting the branches, the raw materials were characterized in matters of density, bark conte ...
- Czarniak, Krzysztof, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of archaeological science 2015 v.57 pp. 207-222
- archaeology; ceramics; clay; fabrics; provenance; raw materials; serpentinite; stroke; technology; thermal properties; Poland
- ... This paper presents the results of petrographic and electron microprobe study of the steatite-tempered pottery of the Stroke Ornamented Ware culture from Silesia (SW Poland). The examination was performed with an emphasis on techno-functional aspects of ceramic production, nevertheless some preliminary data concerning provenance and distribution of the temper are also briefly discussed. Typologica ...