Jump to Main Content
- Garcia-Maya, Mitla, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Biomaterials 2017 v.120 pp. 126-138
- Hepatitis B virus; animal models; binding capacity; bioengineering; drugs; encapsulation; erbB-2 receptor; in vitro studies; in vivo studies; metastasis; nanocarriers; nanoparticles; neoplasm cells; neoplasms; peptides; receptors; sequence deletion
- ... Hepatitis B Virus core (HBc) particles have been studied for their potential as drug delivery vehicles for cancer therapy. HBc particles are hollow nano-particles of 30–34 nm diameter and 7 nm thick envelopes, consisting of 180–240 units of 21 kDa core monomers. They have the capacity to assemble/dis-assemble in a controlled manner allowing encapsulation of various drugs and other biomolecules. Mo ...
- PubMed Central:
- MitlÃ¶hner, Ralph, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- European journal of forest research 2012 v.131 no.2 pp. 355-367
- Juniperus; Pinus; Quercus; analysis of variance; climate change; drought; environmental factors; indigenous species; leaves; mixed forests; mortality; osmotic pressure; saline water; seasonal variation; soil water content; trees; water potential; water stress; Mexico
- ... Water availability and salt excess are limiting factors in Mexican mixed pine-oak forest. In order to characterise the acclimatation of native species to these stresses, leaf water (Î¨w) and osmotic potentials (Î¨s) of Juniperus flaccida, Pinus pseudostrobus and Quercus canbyi were measured under natural drought and non-drought conditions under two different aspects in the Sierra Madre Oriental. F ...
- Garcia-Maya, Mitla, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2010 v.107 no.42 pp. 17951-17956
- Human immunodeficiency virus 1; antiviral properties; crystal structure; disulfide bonds; humans; hydrodynamics; models; mutation; protein secretion; protein synthesis; viruses
- ... HIV-1 and other enveloped viruses can be restricted by a host cellular protein called BST2/tetherin that prevents release of budded viruses from the cell surface. Mature BST2 contains a small cytosolic region, a predicted transmembrane helix, and an extracellular domain with a C-terminal GPI anchor. To advance understanding of BST2 function, we have determined a 2.6 Å crystal structure of the extr ...
- PubMed Central: