Jump to Main Content
« Previous |
1 - 20 of 1,639
- Tseng, C. T., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Crop science 1984 v.24 no.6 pp. 1129-1133
- corn; Ostrinia nubilalis; pest resistance; recurrent selection; cultivars; Iowa
- ... A recurrent selection breeding procedure was used to reduce leaf-feeding damage by lst-generatlon European corn borer (ECB), Ostrinia nubilalis Hübner, and to increase 2,4-dihydroxy- 7-methoxy-(2H)-l,4-benzoxazin-3(4H)-one (D1MBOA) content in a synthetic maize, Zea mays L., cultivar (BS1); chemical analysis was for 6-methoxybenzoxazolinone (MBOA). Thin-layer chromatography (TLC) plate ratings (int ...
- Tseng, M. J., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Crop science 1987 v.27 no.3 pp. 531-534
- Oryza sativa; cooling; mefluidide; plant damage; cold tolerance; electrolytes; plant development; plasma membrane
- ... Rice (Oryza sativa L.) seedlings at two to three leaf stage were used for testing mefluidide (/V-[2,4-dimethyl-5-[[(trifluoromethyl)- sulfonyl)amino]phenyl]acetamide) protection of chilled plants. After 8-days exposure to 6°C, seedlings sprayed with 3, 5,10, and 15 mg mefluidide L⁻¹ had 29,30,29, and 31% injury, respectively. Controls showed > 65% damage. During the 8-day chilling period, consiste ...